San Juan Frequently Asked Questions
At San Juan Veterinary Hospital, we get a ton of interesting questions from pet parents. Below are some common FAQs that might help answer any questions or concerns.
What are some safety tips for my pet in the summer?
- Don’t leave your pet in a parked car
- Limit walks to early morning or dusk
- Don’t let pet’s loose in cars, instead place your pet in a harness
- Supervise your pets around water
- Don’t leave your pet outside for too long
- Follow safe firework practices
What are some safety tips to remember during the holidays?
- Put an identification tag on your pet
- Use battery-operated flameless candles
- Wrap cords in cord protectors and leave the bottom half of your tree undecorated
- Keep wrapping materials away from pets
- Create a safe haven for your pet during noisy parties
- Keep these foods away from pets:
- Raw eggs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cherry or peach pits
- Candy and foods sweetened with xylitol
How do I get rid of skunk smell from my pet?
Recipe to get rid of skunk smell on dogs is as follows:
- ¼ cup of baking soda.
- 1-2 teaspoons of mild dishwashing detergent like Ivory Snow.
- 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution.
- Mix in a bucket and use immediately.
- Work the foaming mixture well into the coat.
- Leave on for five minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Follow with dog shampoo if desired.
What is Parvo?
How do I clean my home if my pet has Parvo?
Are vaccines important for my pet?
Vaccines provide immunity against one or several diseases that can lessen the severity or prevent certain diseases altogether.
Experts agree that widespread use of vaccinations within the last century has prevented death and disease in millions of animals. Vaccinations protect your pet from highly contagious and deadly diseases and improve your pet’s overall quality of life.